Summer of School

I'm currently a little more than halfway through my intense summer school schedule.  Part of being in a cohort model for my graduate program means that I don't really pick my classes.  They just tell me what I'm taking and when.  And while I have enjoyed being in class with the same group of students, this summer schedule is kind of killing me.  We're taking 12 credits this summer.  12 graduate credits in a VERY condensed manner.  So first of all, 9 credits per semester is full time for grad students (I'm trying hard not to think about the fact that I'll be taking 12 credits in the fall as well).  But I didn't really have a say in it, so here I am, going to school Monday through Friday all day long.  And then coming home and dealing with my crazy no-summer-school kids.  It's been exhausting.  But mostly good.

So I haven't really been doing too much other than school work, reading (soooooooooooooo much reading), and taking my kids to the pool every chance we get (which is a big part of why I'm exhausted... three kids at the pool... especially when 2 can't swim..... drains me very quickly).  My classes have been interesting so far... well, the first 2 were really interesting.  The one I'm currently in is kind of blah.  But I'm looking forward to the last one... I've had the professor before so I kind of know what to expect in terms of class interaction and teaching style.  Then I have a couple weeks off before I start my student teaching year.  I'm so nervous that if I think about it too much about it I start to feel like I'm going to throw up.  But I'm also really excited and have TONS of ideas of things I'd like to do.  So half of me feels like I'll never be able to teach because there's SO much I still need to learn, and the other half of me thinks I could just go into my own classroom tomorrow and figure it out as I go along (and have fun doing so).  It's a weird place to be.

So that's my update.  Who knows when I'll be back.

Comments