Dylan at Seven: Baseball Season

This morning we wrapped up Dylan's 4th season of Little League baseball.  It was SUPER hot out and there was no shade anywhere, but aside from that, we had a good time.  He also had lots of family come see him play:  Grandpa, Opa, Uncle Joey, even Aunt Liz, Uncle Devin, and cousin Conner made it!  Conner's first game!  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Conner because I was too busy holding my cute little nephew, but Liz did, so I'll just steal hers once she gets it online.

Dylan seems to be 100% devoted to baseball at this point.  He hasn't really expressed an interest or desire in trying another sport, even in the off seasons, so I think we'll be spending a lot of Saturday mornings at the baseball park.

Here are some of my favorites from this season.
Opening Game.  This season Dylan was on the Durham Bulls.


He's always ready to make a play when he's covering a base.

Going after the ball.

As soon as the batter's ready, Dylan knows to get in "baseball ready" position.  Even if I'm far away at a playground with Aaron during the game I always know which position Dylan's at because I just look at the kid who's baseball ready.




Getting a little extra practice time with Dad.









Coach got trophies for the kids!

So excited to have his first trophy!



Comments