Project 52: Week 15

Lens Baby, medium wide aperture, ISO 100, 1/4000ss


Lens Baby, smallest aperture, ISO 200, 1/500ss

Week 15 (February 13):  Sunsets
The sun is starting to set a little later, closer to dinner time, the extra light is a wonderful thing, especially for picture taking.  I think I've also found something fun to do with the Lens Baby lens.  I'm going to try and shoot interesting sky shots for a while (until I return the lens) and see how that goes.  I like these so far, plus shooting at the sun actually gets enough light into the lens to keep the images from being super dark, blurry, and noisy... which is why I was finally able to use the smallest aperture and finally get some level of sharpness with this lens.

Comments

Jen said…
Oh I love these photos! I've been looking at lens baby but I haven't done anything with them as of yet. This kinda makes my fingers itchy...I could imagine using them to shoot the daffodil fields at the abandoned homesteads around these parts.

Thank you so much for joining us this week!

Jess said…
Thanks Jen! I think a Lens Baby would be great for shooting flowers and abandoned home steads! I am currently borrowing the old Lens Baby 2.0 from my dad, and it is pretty difficult to use (this is my 3rd round of borrowing and I'm just getting the hang of it), but the newer versions seem to be much easier to use and I've seen others doing STUNNING things with it. Just know there may be a bit of a learning curve. Definitely provides a good creativity challenge though :)