Project 52: Week 10

55mm, ISO 250, f/5.6, 1/200ss, with polarizing filter

300mm, ISO 250, f/5.6, 1/125ss with polarizing filter

Week 10: A walk through the snow.
I decided to use my big, but not fancy, 55-300 zoom lens this day.  These were my two favorite pictures and just happen to show the extremes of the focal length (which I didn't even realize until I looked up the metadata to include in the captions).  I think I under use this lens because it's one of my kit lenses and therefore "lesser."  However, more often than not, especially outside, I wind up with some pretty decent pictures.  Plus, it has a ZOOM.  My other lenses (a 50 and a 28) do not zoom.  I think I need to start using this lens more often.  A couple other quick comments... 1- landscapes are hard, as much as I struggle with composition, it is never so obvious to me as it is when I try and do a landscape.  And 2- I really like how these black and white conversions turned out.  I feel like the more I get into photography, the more I turn everything black and white. 





Comments