April Running Update

Total Miles for the month: 61.0
Total Miles for 2014: 226.8
Longest run: 10 miles
Fastest mile time:  Still the same from last month.


Wow, I'm really starting to rack up the miles.  61 miles this month?  Pretty impressive, especially since I had a minor surgery and didn't think I'd do much running at all.  Fortunately there was no pain post surgery, so I didn't really miss that much of my running routine.  (Though I was surprised by how long the tiredness from the anesthesia lasted).  Which is a good thing because I didn't have too long to lie around doing nothing since I have that half marathon coming up... one month and a day from now.  Eek.  :)  Nothing too much to note overall with running this month.  Other than extending all of my runs just a tad bit (and intentionally running up more hills) I'm pretty much keeping to my routine since that worked out well for the last race.
Push Ups:
So the surgery did keep me from my push ups for a while.  But I'm starting to get back on track with that now.  I managed to hit the 100 day/100 pushup mark pre-surgery, which was a good milestone.  And now that my arms have gotten stronger I'm adding in more and more full pushups.  Also, I've been getting comments on how my arms are looking more muscular... which they definitely are.  It's a strange thing, I've never really had arm muscles... and I've never really been fit and in shape.  It's a good feeling :)
Probably my biggest exercise/getting in shape milestone for April (aside from hitting the 10 mile mark), was that I have, for the first time, gone down a clothing size even though I gained about 2 pounds this month.  It's a little disheartening to be working so hard and not losing weight (I haven't lost a single pound since Christmas), but my brain keeps reminding me that my weight is not the only indicator of getting healthier.  And when I went to get out my spring/summer wardrobe and tried on some of last year's shorts, they fell right off.  So I went out an bought a new pair, in the same size I've been wearing all winter... and they were way too big.  So I exchanged those for a size smaller (a size I was pretty sure I'd never squeeze into again in my life) and they fit comfortably.  It's not that my weight or clothing size is forefront on my mind through this process, but it is nice to have some concrete and measurable results after all this hard work.  So while it's looking like I won't hit my "goal" weight it's also looking like I don't need to either.  It's kind of a relief actually :)



Total Push Ups in April:  1,433
Total Push Ups for 2014: 5,165


Comments