Project 365: Day 118


This may be one of my favorite photos so far.  It has so many elements that I currently love... a flower, sunburst, good focus, low key style (despite the fact that the sun is in the picture).

I picked up a small bouquet of flowers yesterday while grocery shopping specifically because I wanted to take some flower pictures and am tired of waiting for the weather to cooperate.  I took a ton of pictures, trying different angles and such.  And then I caught the sun by chance in one of them.  So for the next shot I intentionally set up for the sunburst, took the picture, and the camera battery died.  Of course by the time the charge was good again, the sun was gone.  But I definitely want to try this more.  I also think it would have been cool if I the whole flower had blocked the sun and been completely backlit (hopefully that's what would have happened anyway).  Now I just have to hope for another bright sunny day before these flowers die so I can try again.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh wow...I love it!! I agree about trying the whole flower blocking the sun...anyway, this photo is fantastic!!