Project 365: Day 110

Piano lesson!  I can hardly believe that my piano student is now teaching my son.  He started with me when he was in 5 years old and in kindergarten, and is now in high school.  It hardly seems as if time has gone by at all.  And it really freaks me out when I think about the fact that he started teaching Dylan at age 5, going into kindergarten.  I am going to blink one day and Dylan will be in high school too.



On a technical note...  I definitely have some things to learn about shooting with a wide angle lens.  To start with, distortion.  Which I expected, I'm just trying to figure out how to minimize it.  And now that I can get more of a scene in a frame, I need to figure out how to best compose the shot.  I'm not totally thrilled with this because I think the viewing angle is kind of awkward, I probably should have been more parallel to them.  But I was trying to avoid having a big bright blown out window in the shot.  I'm sure I will try again (luckily the two of them had no problem completely ignoring me while I took a few quick shots).

Looking forward to improving my candids.  I have lots of ideas, it just may take a while to execute them correctly.  But you know, in the meantime... practice practice practice

Comments