Project 365: Day 102

I have been in a major photo slump lately.  And to be honest, I haven't been taking a picture everyday this month so far.  I totally feel like I've taken every picture I could possibly think to take at this point, so I just haven't been doing much.... other than sitting around waiting for inspiration to strike.  Then I read a photo book and the photographer talked about doing the exact opposite of what I was doing.  Instead of waiting on inspiration, just start working... that's when inspiration hits.  So I took out my camera and found a random object to take pictures of... a small peppermint candy, which looked terrible, so I tried something different, and different, and made a few changes...  and somehow ended up with some decent fruit still life pictures that I'm REALLY happy with (despite some imperfections, though that just makes me want to try again).  Hopefully I'm out of my rut.









Comments

Unknown said…
I totally understand what you are saying...it's so hard sometimes...no inspiration, bad weather, boring winter without snow,...I have the same method...if I don't have any inspiration, I just start shooting and sooner or later I come up with something decent:) I think that I learn more when I'm without inspiration, because I try harder...
These photos are beautiful though!!...so vibrant and I love the dark background!!