Project 365: Day 17

I was out early this morning working on an assignment for a photography class I'm taking and couldn't resist taking a few moments to shoot this thick fog.  I wish I could have pulled out a little more for this shot, but there were ugly neon orange fences on the other side of the trees and some yellow police style tape on the left fence, so that kind of guided me to frame this photo like this.  It looks kind of peaceful and lonely, which was how I was feeling, since I was out taking pictures for the first time since last fall by myself (without my kids running around).  It put me in a very different mind-set.  Much less frantic and rushed and hoping for a good quick shot, with one eye looking through the lens and the other keeping track of a curious toddler.  Much more deliberate, focused, and relaxed.  Almost meditative.

It was a nice little break first thing in the morning.

Comments