Project 365: Day 12

I'm bending the rules again a little bit.  Although I didn't really make any rules for this project, so I'm not sure why it feels that way, but it does.  I didn't actually take this photo today.  I took it last week.  But I'm posting it tonight because it's a film image that I just received tonight.  I figure I"m allowed to share it now since there's no physical way to share it otherwise (it takes a loooooooooong time to get the film images back... well, long in comparison to sticking my memory card into a USB slot at the end of the day).  I'd like to include my film images since I am really working on that format as well.  I just received 3 rolls... 1 of B&W 400 Trimax, and 2 Fujichrome 100 Provia color slides.  I am so happy with these images.  I think a few didn't turn out due to unrecoverable exposure, but otherwise the bulk of my shots worked!  Which makes me so happy because I am only letting myself shoot in manual, and without the instant feedback I have NO CLUE if I am actually anywhere near close to what I want.  I just have to trust that I have enough knowledge and practice (thank you digital camera) that I can take a good shot without a histogram or LCD screen to let me know otherwise.  It was so hard to pick just one picture to share today, but I went with this one for a couple reasons.  First, I love B&W images, I am tempted all the time to declare myself a black and white only photographer, but I just don't want to limit myself like that.  However, I do plan to start taking significantly more B&W pictures.  Second, this was taken at one of my favorite local areas, the Children's Garden at Ida Lee (I have used this location before for this project).  I love this archway created by the weeping juniper... it's beautiful.  And is definitely showing up in my christmas card this year.  And third, it's a picture of all three of the guys in my life.  Sure, they probably should have taken up a little more of the image, but I still like it as is (back of Aaron's head and all).


Comments