Project 365: Day 10

I'm cheating here a little bit.  It's supposed to be one picture a day, but I'm doing three this time.  These are actually the pictures I took for my photography class assignment.  We were supposed to take a picture of the same object at 3 different times of day.  I picked this !!super!!exciting!! rock.  Mostly because I could carry it with me and take a picture when I needed to.  But also because of the shadows I got in the middle of the day.

Morning light.  I took this as soon as the sun hit our yard (which was about 30 minutes after sunrise).  I love the yin-yang effect of the shadow and light on the top of the rock.
Noon light.  Dylan found this rock for me on one of our walks through the neighborhood.  He liked it because it looked like a phone (? to a 5 year old's imagination, I guess).  But it wasn't until I took this picture, at this time of day, from this angle, that I was able to uncover the true identity of this rock... he's a little smiley guy!

Sunset light.  Literally 2 seconds before the sun went down.  I actually wanted to reshoot because I just didn't find a great shot, but the sun was gone, so this was the best I got.  It's a lot softer and looks almost like a slipper.


Comments