Self Portrait: Running

I've been wanting to try this out... take pictures of myself running.  I couldn't really figure out how to do it outside, but since I do most of my running on the treadmill these days I decided to just go with that.  I used a tripod and my 18-55 lens (which is my worst lens, but the only thing that would work for this situation) and tried a couple different angles.  I think my favorites are the ones showing my feet moving... they look so fast!

Walking and hydrating to start off.

Light jogging for 10 minutes.



Usually in the middle of a treadmill workout I do what I call "sprints and recovery" It basically means I run as fast as I can for 2 minutes, then I jog for 2 minutes.  Repeat a few times.  I'm sure there's some technical running term for this (or better method), but I don't know what it is and this works for me.  At the moment, my fastest sprint speed in 8.0 mph

Running hard.

"you've never seen my feet 'cause they move so fast"
Breathing and staying focused (me... not the camera apparently)

Slow part of my sprint running.... also, my view from the treadmill.  I used to face a blank wall... that was torture.  This way I can at least look outside and see the squirrels burying their nuts in the backyard.  Also I get motivated to tap into my inner Hulk Strength when I need a little extra push.
Walking to cool down with my life-line still on.  Do other people actually use this?  I find it super annoying because I knock it out with my hand a lot and then all my info from my current run disappears... however, I'm terrified that if I don't use it I'll trip, fall, knock my head on something and black out, and the treadmill will keep going and I'll wind up getting rubbed down to the bone.  So I wear it.
Sweating and splotchy after picture.


Comments