A Pair of Spontaneous Summer Nights

We've had a couple of really beautiful, mild temperatures days.  I've been trying to get the kids outside as much as possible to enjoy it while it lasts, because I know the oppressing heat and humidity are coming back.  Last night Dylan was with Matt at a softball game, so I took Aaron to a playground for a bit before his bedtime.  Then tonight Matt was at the Nationals game with work so I took both kids out to dinner at Panera (because it's quick, easy, inexpensive, relatively healthy, and the kids eat the food from there).  Across the street from Panera is a fountain playing area and of course Dylan wanted to run around in the water.  I was completely unprepared for it, but went along anyway.  One of the wonderful ways being a mom has changed me, learning to embrace being flexible and spontaneous.







































Comments