9 Year Anniversary

Matt and I have been married for 9 years today.  NINE years.  That's a long time, and I feel like it puts us in a new phase of our relationship... not sure what it's called, I wouldn't say we're an "old married couple"  I think we need many more years before we can take that label (I'm looking forward to it), but we are definitely in some new part of our lives.  Maybe it should just be called the Parents-of-Little-Ones phase.  It is probably hardest and also most rewarding part of our relationship yet.  Since this momentous occasion occurred on a Wednesday, we didn't do much to celebrate today.  In fact, we aren't really occasion-celebraters, but an anniversary is a good way to guilt out a babysitter, so we are taking advantage of that and going out on Friday :)  I think we'll have dinner and see a movie.  I remember at the beginning of our marriage when that was just a regular thing... now it's a special event.  Something we haven't done since.... well, since the night before Aaron was born actually (we saw Avengers).

But since it was our anniversary we made a special effort to spend some time together.  Matt had a softball game with work today, so I brought the kids down.  Dylan loved it (of course), Aaron lasted a good while, but then I decided to take him home before the games were over so he could go to bed.  I tried to get a few shots of Matt while he played, it's was tough because I was also watching the kids and there was a chain link fence around the entire softball field (and we were the only spectators, so I was trying not to be too distracting).  Here we go...






















Comments