May Resolution

Whoa, May arrived way before I was ready.  I didn't even start thinking of my new resolution for this month until after the 1st.  I managed to do sort of okay with my April resolution, which was to start blogging.  I was hoping for 3 posts a week, but that's been a little harder than I thought.  So I'm doing it when I can, hopefully once a week.  And I enjoy doing it, so I'll keep it up.

Now on to May.  I had a few ideas and ultimately am going with the following:  Go to sleep by 10pm every night (unless I have something fun planned, but on a typical average night I should be asleep by 10).  Not just bed, but sleep.  I am not getting anywhere near enough sleep these days.  By a LOT.  So far I just keep telling myself to suck it up and keep going anyway.  And I am, but I know it's making life hard on me.  Time to prioritize sleep.  It's not terribly exciting, but I think it will help out in many ways... attitude, energy level, running (I ran 6 miles today, but i was SOOOOOO tired, I know it slowed me down), patience.  Ahh... just thinking of feeling better in those ways makes me a happier person.

So May... Sleep... Here we go.

Comments

Jenn said…
I think I may join you in this one. My bedtime has been creeping later and later and every morning I regret it.
Jess said…
Mornings do come way too quickly... ideally I'd love to sleep in later in the morning, but we both know that isn't going to happen. :) So far I've been good with my self imposed bedtime. Unfortunately I don't think 10:00 is early enough, I may have to push it to 9:30, but that just doesn't give me enough alone time. We'll see how things go after a couple more weeks.