Alone Time

In March, a good friend of mine from college is getting married in Florida.  I recently made the arrangements to attend the wedding, and guess what... I'm going by myself.  I'd love to go with Matt but we both agreed that we didn't really want to leave Dylan for that long (especially being so far away) and it's a kid-free wedding so we couldn't bring him with us (we also had a kid-free wedding), so I decided to attend solo.  And I realized something, I've never travelled by myself... Ever!  Which is just crazy, especially since I'm not someone who minds doing things by myself.  So I'm really looking forward to this experience.  I'm sure I'll enjoy being independent for a few days, having a quiet room to relax in and read a few books, and then when it's over I'll be even happier to come home to my husband and kid.  My only concern is having to navigate my way through Orlando, but I will be sure to have detailed directions for everywhere I go, so I should be okay.    

Things I enjoy doing alone:
  • listening to music, especially while driving
  • cleaning
  • playing piano
  • reading
  • going to a coffee shop or bookstore and reading/writing
  • going to my yoga class and not talking to anyone (which no longer happens because someone I barely know from my past is now in the class and she's quite the talker, but that's alright)
  • going to the movies.  I've only done this once because I rarely go to the movies anymore, but it was fun!
  • grocery shopping, mostly because when I do go by myself, I listen to my iPod while I shop

Oh and when I see people eating by themselves at restaurants, etc. I don't really feel bad for them, instead I think it's cool that they don't feel pressured to be with someone at all times.

Comments

Julia Bergeman said…
A trip to FL by yourself sounds fantastic to me! :)