List Time

I'm an INFJ according to all the Myers-Briggs assessments Ive done.  I pretty much agree with that.  (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging). I know that one test can't possibly capture my entire personality, which is fine.   But knowing that I have a stronger introverted tendency, than extroverted helps me identify and explain certain behaviors I have so I think it's a valid label to that degree (one day I'll write a post about my take on labels.)

I remember reading somewhere that J types like to make lists, I cant remember where I heard that though so it may not be true, but I'm pretty much basing this post on that, so i hope the reason I remembered it is that there is something truth to it. (ha!- this statement right here totally reinforces my INFJ-ness).  I am a list-aholic.  Seriously, I keep lists of some of the most ridiculous things.  There's the obvious to-do lists as well as grocery and shopping lists (which I couldn't get through the week without), but lately there have been even more: lists of ways I want to save money, lists of food I want to cook for the first time this year, a list of resolutions, an actual written out lists of my own personal morals and values, lists of work thats been done to the house, lists of books I've read (which I've had to start over since Visual Bookshelf on Facebook crapped out), a list of books I want to read, a brand new list of books I want to re-read, and let's not forgot my last post... a list of my favorite concerts. Actually I think that whole last sentence was basically a list of my lists.  Oooh, I never thought of making a list like that before... a Master List to help me keep track of all the little things I want to keep track of in life.  Hmmm... I know what I'll be doing when I finish this post.

Um it can get out of hand at times, but one thing I like about my iPad is that I can keep all my lists in one place.  Update and change them on the go without scraps of papers and 40 million notebooks lying all over the house.  It's helping me fully embrace (and maybe obsess over) my list making trait.  So the thought occurred to me the other day that maybe I could write more of my blog posts in list format.  I mean, a bunch of them already are, and more would have been, but I purposely changed them so it doesn't look like I'm entirely incapable of writing in paragraph form.  Here's one to conclude this post:

My List for Why I Like Lists:
  • they keep my day to day activities organized
  • they keep my thoughts organized
  • it's a simple way to externalize things I want to remember or keep track of (especially helpful since my memory is not the greatest)
  • they are short and to the point and quick to jot down
  • they are easy to go back to and get quick information

More lists to come in the near future!

Comments