Knowing When to Stop

I just cleaned out the kitchen for the fourth time this year (third in less than a month.). I'm down to a few pots, a few pans, and only the mixing and tupperware type items that are used on a regular basis. It's nice to have so much space in my drawers and cabinets, especially since i have no plan on filling them up with anything else. The only thing I feel a need to aquire in the future is a cake pedestal. I actually have needed to use one quite a few times in the past year, but I just dont know if I want to buy more kitchen stuff right now. Perhaps I'll try to make space for it before I get one. But I had to stop myself today when I got a strong urge to ditch the microwave. Even as I type this I keep telling myself that I could get by without it. That may be true, but I think Dylan and Matt would have a different opinion. I don't want to take this too far, the idea behind this decluttering craze is to make our lives simpler by only having that which we need, use, and love, and as much as I say I hate using a microwave, the truth of the matter is that we do use it, at least for now. So I think I need to leave the kitchen alone for a little while and focus on some other areas.

Other recent clear outs: my living room bookshelf (including *gasp* my piano books-- I mean really?, am I ever going to teach myself the complete works of Czerny?? Let's be realistic here), night stand drawers, under the bathroom sinks, medicine cabinets, the coats in our coat closet, and office desk drawers.

Coming soon: dylan's toys, the rest of the stff in our coat closet (i want to put a bookshelf in there for Dylan's art stuff and board games), the rest of the books in the house, and the office.

I'm really excited for the final results!

Comments