Run Run Run

I completed my first 10k race! Matt and I both ran the Leesburg 10k yesterday and I think we did really well. I finished in 1 hr 21 minutes, which sadly put me in last place for my division, but I'm okay with that. Matt finished in 1 hr 8 minutes and did much better in his division. Not bad since I've only been running since May, and matt only started running a few weeks ago (though he did run through college). Despite the really hot weather, it was a nice run. Most of it was in the shade, and we ran right by our house, so the route was really familiar. I feel very proud of myself for having accomplished something that a year ago I never thought would be possible. It's making me strongly consider running an half marathon next spring, I think a marathon is still a little beyond my grasp at this point, I'm not sure I'd be able to dedicate enough time for training to accomplish that. But I think a half marathon is do-able. We'll see though.

Upcoming races: a 10k with my friend Melissa the first weekend of October in Harper's Ferry. Then another Leesburg run, a 5k this time the following weekend. And another 5k in Ashburn in November. I'm trying to complete the Loudoun racing series because I think you get a medal if you run 4 out of the 6 races. I missed the first 2 becuase I wasn't running yet, but I think I can finish the last two since they are both 5ks. One is a cross country run though, which I haven't tried yet, I'm hoping it won't be that bad though.

Comments

walkerbear01 said…
I am so proud of you! You inspire me, and I can't wait for our run in October. You'll have to fill me in on how you trained for the 10k vs 5k. Love you!!