Chicken with Artichokes

I recipe I altered from another one... it's REALLY good. I sent this to my sister Sarah yesterday so she could cook it and she liked it too. She made a few changes, which I've noted.


For the Chicken:
Chicken cutlets (matt and I each ate 3 of the thin slices)
flour for dredging the chicken, I added salt and pepper to the flour
olive oil to cook the chicken in

Sauce:
-about 1/2 cup of white wine
-juice from 1/2 lemon
-chicken stock (as much as it takes to make enough sauce)
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
-2 cans of (drained) artichokes, not marinated (I used 2 of the small jars of artichokes and we had a few leftover)

Steps:
1. Dredge chicken in flour
2. Cook chicken in olive oil over high heat, about 2-3 minutes on each side (or until done, I never really time things). They should get nice and golden brown
3. Remove chicken from pan, reduce heat to medium
4. Add garlic
5. Deglaze pan with wine, add chicken stock, lemon juice (Sarah let the sauce reduce a little and added some cornstarch to make it thicker)
6. Add artichokes, cook until artichokes are warm
7. Return chicken to pan to coat everything with sauce

I served it with orzo, but it's probably good with other pasta too.

Comments