2008 Year in Review Survey

This is a Christmas present a friend of mine sent me a few years ago because I love filling out surveys.
Previous years for comparison: 2007,
2005


2008 Year in Review Survey

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Gave birth, became a mom and all that goes with that. Non-mom related: going to see Barak Obama at the Leesburg rally and I tried Pilates.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
no, but I dont make new years' resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes. not including myself... Bianca, Elissa, Melissa, and all my new friends from the Mom Group

4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes, my friend Hank
5. What countries did you visit?
again, just the U.S.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
at least one opportunity to sleep through the night

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 5th because Dylan was born that day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My baby. I know it's sounding really repetitive, but being a mom has pretty much been the focus of my entire year

9. What was your biggest failure?
not doing better in Scrabble... otherwise it's been a pretty successful year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a cold shortly after Dylan was born. And I got some random stomach bug in December... I ended up with a temp of 103.6 at one point. No fun. But fortunately, nothing too serious.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
a coffee maker and a new watch

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Definitely Matt's because without him I wouldn't have made it through a lot of this year. Ann's for getting ordained. All of my friend's mentioned earlier for becoming mommies as well.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
hmmm... no one in particular really

14. Where did most of your money go?
house, baby, cars, student loans

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
having 3rd row seats to see wilco, having a baby, all the Mom's Night Outs

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Forever Young by Bob Dylan... because it's by Dylan's namesake and the lyrics are so appropriate for a new baby (they are at the end of this list)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or Sadder?: Happier
ii. Thinner or Fatter than last year?: Thinner (much!)
iii. Richer or Poorer?: probably about the same

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
sleep!!!!!!!! but I think that goes without saying. other things: scrapbooking, playing piano, working out... all of my hobbies that I never have time for anymore, but it's all good.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
laundry, but it's got to get done

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
at our house. our families came over and hung out. Very low key. Dylan loved all his new toys.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
stayed in love

23. How many one-night stands?
0
24. What was your favorite TV program?
(there's more than one): 30 Rock, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, and The Office
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
no, I try not to hate people

26. What was the best book you read?
hmm... I was definitely looking forward to the last Twilight book the most, but I'm not sure if that was really the best book I read. Nothing else really stands out to me at the moment though.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Baby Shark (doot doot, doot doot) for Dylan, along with many other baby targeted songs. I didn't really follow music much this year.
28. What did you want and get?
A baby! The house is painted. A new closet. A bigger car. A watch.
29. What did you want and not get?
To lose my baby weight. To fix the front garden and clean out the garage. I guess that's what next year is for.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Nothing really wowed me, but some decent ones: Kung Fu Panda, Sex and the City, and Dark Knight
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27. I had my family over for cake, which I made myself because my mom always made her own birthday cake, so I thought that was something moms did. I got a coffee maker for my birthday because my little french press just wasn't cutting it anymore.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having enough sleep so that being tired wouldn't get in the way of enjoying life. I try not to let it, but every once and a while it catches up to me.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I refuse to get back into fashion until I'm back to a size I'm comfortable with. So I guess I would say that it is new-mom transitional. Very casual.
34. What kept you sane?
My husband, my family, and the moms group

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I hate this question every year, but if I have to pick my favorite 2008 celebrity I guess I would have to go with Tina Fey.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Presidential election. I'm so excited that VA went for Obama. It makes me feel like my vote really does matter.

37. Who did you miss?
Harmony because she moved so far away :(

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I dont think I could single anyone out, so I'll just go with the ladies from the mom group

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
I learned to let go of little things. I learned that in order for me to consistently make dinner at home I need to write out a dinner calendar in advance, and remember to take the meat out of the freezer ahead of time. I learned that being a paranoid mommy is okay.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Forever Young lyrics...
May God bless and keep you always, May your wishes all come true, May you always do for others And let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars And climb on every rung, May you stay forever young, Forever young, forever young, May you stay forever young.
May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true, May you always know the truth And see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, Stand upright and be strong, May you stay forever young, Forever young, forever young, May you stay forever young.
May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift, May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift. May your heart always be joyful, May your song always be sung, May you stay forever young, Forever young, forever young, May you stay forever young.

Comments