A First

Last Friday I experienced a new first for myself. I went to the movies alone! It was great. I mean you dont really talk to anyone while you're at the movies, so it's not like I really need the company. I think it's just usually a social event so I always felt the need to bring people with me. But last week Twilight came out, and I was dying to see it. Unfortunately nearly everyone I know went and saw it at the midnight showing on Thursday, and that just wasn't practical for me... with a baby that wakes up about 3 times a night, I didn't want to leave matt with a screaming hungry baby that he couldn't take care of. So I had to wait. But on Friday Matt came home from work early and offered to watch the Dylan so I could go see my movie. I thought about trying to find someone to go with me, but it seemed like too much of a hassle, so I just went by myself. I think it's one of the first independent, fun things I've done post-baby (doctor's appointments and grocery shopping don't count because they are NOT fun). Anyway, here are my thoughts on the movie.

First of all... it is TOTALLY a teen girl movie. I was in a theater full of teenagers. There were a few other adults there, but not many. And you could tell it was totally geared towards teen girls because one of the pre-movie commercials was for DDR (that's Dance Dance Revolution for those of you not in the know). I felt a little out of place, but didnt really care too much. Then during the movie as soon as Edward made his first appearance ALL the girls started screaming (so happy that I have a boy).

As for the movie itself... It's pretty bad. I mean, I totally enjoyed it because I really like the book. But as far as movies go, it wasn't very good. The directing is weird at times, some of the acting is off, parts that are supposed to be serious just come off as goofy (there was laughing in the theater), and the story is very choppy. But I got to relive the book, so I was happy. And I got a night out for myself, which was really nice.

I also heard that they are going to turn the second book into a movie, so I'm excited about that!

Comments