snow snow snow

Yay, the first snow of the year is here! Unfortunately this was the day I had planned to go to DC. I didn't end up going. Not because I thought the roads would be too treacherous (with all of the inch and a half we got), but because I didn't want to have to deal with slow metros (which I got emailed about) and lots of traffic. So now it looks like I'll be going Friday before work instead.

By this time next week, I will no longer be a student! I'm so excited that I can hardly keep myself focused on the remaining work I need to do. Not only that but I'm throwing myself a graduation party next week and I find getting ready for that much more interesting than trying to write research papers.

I just can't believe I'm almost done with school (hopefully forever this time). I feel like my whole life has been consumed by it for the past year and a half, its going to be weird when it's all over. I'm hoping that it will feel like a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. I definitely think going back for my masters was a smart decision (because I will now be employable... yay!), but the actual information I learned and the act of being back in school weren't quite as awesome as I expected. My favorite class was the Music Research class I took in the Spring, and that's probably because it was an actual music class... not a library class. But I'm looking forward to a future where getting a job will no longer be impossible. Of course now that a baby is on the way, that future is just a little more distant than I had originally planned. But I'm ok with that.

Comments