2007 Year in Review

This is a Christmas present a friend of mine sent me a few years ago. I think the last time I filled it out was 2005. But I thought I'd give it another go this year. Anyone else interested in filling it out is welcome to, I love reading them just as much as I love filling them in.

2007 Year in Review Survey

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Learned how to waltz

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I dont make new years' resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
no

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no
5. What countries did you visit?
just the US... but I did go to Las Vegas for the first time

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
some new shoes, i hate shoe shopping

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 25th because I found out I was pregnant. Also Dec. 11th because I finished grad school

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing my masters degree

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not graduating with a 4.0 (I got 1 stupid B+ grr)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the flu for a week in January, that SUCKED. Plus I had nearly 4 months of morning sickness, which was pretty much the same as having the flu, only it lasted forever.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
the Jetta, and a locket

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Not to be too stuck on myself, but I'm gonna go with me- finished school, handled being pregnant, worked in DC the first half of the year. Also matt, for putting up with all my "behaviors that merited celebration."

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
people who home school

14. Where did most of your money go?
school, house, cars

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
not having to go to school anymore! seeing Wilco and the White Stripes live

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Either Way by Wilco

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or Sadder?: Happier
ii. Thinner or Fatter than last year?: Fatter (by A LOT)
iii. Richer or Poorer?: richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
traveling

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
homework

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
spent it with the family
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
stayed in love

23. How many one-night stands?
0
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
not really

26. What was the best book you read?
the Twilight books... the 4th one is due next fall... the wait is killing me

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Wilco
28. What did you want and get?
guitar hero for the wii
29. What did you want and not get?
a suede jacket... because I wouldnt be able to fit into anyway
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I guess I would have to say Knocked Up
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. matt took me out for lunch, then I worked. birthdays just arent as exciting as they used to be

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
i think it was pretty satisfying overall

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
beginning of the year-- business (because of where I worked), middle of the year-- casual, end of the year-- maternity
34. What kept you sane?
my friend Melissa :)

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
hmm... not sure i had one this year

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
probably none really, i dont pay too much attention to politics. I can go with global warming though just so I dont leave this question blank

37. Who did you miss?
I think I was able to hang out with everyone a little bit

38. Who was the best new person you met?
a girl I currently work with... because we get along and have so much in common (born a week apart, married a week apart, husbands have same name, both currently pregnant... it's kinda creepy)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007?
Life doesnt operate according to my plan, so learn to let go and accept it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Maybe the sun will shine today
The clouds will roll away
Maybe I won’t be so afraid
I will understand everything has its plan
Either way"

Comments