Long Time, No Post

Okay, so apparently I've totally forgotten my blog altogether lately. I guess the summer is just getting the best of me. or at least my summer class is. I've been taking this Business Info class which has been a lot more work than I wanted it to be. Fortunately this is the last week of classes (and I have all of next week off before the Fall semester starts). Unfortunately I have a 25 page paper due on Thursday and I have a mere shell of a start as of now. So I know how I'll be spending my next two days...

Also, I got a new job. It's a part time library assistant position at a nearby library. My primary responsibility is working with the Friday evening teen center (which has nothing whatsoever to do with library stuff), and then I spend the rest of my hours working in the children's department. I started two weeks ago. So far it's been pretty good. I like the people I work with. It's way more laid back than at the gallery. And I can actually answer people's questions when they approach me here (as opposed to at the gallery when someone asked me about seeing a Monet print and I'd freak, here kids ask me where the Time Warp series are, and I actually know how to answer... wahoo) And I think I'm picking up on the work pretty quickly. I think it's a good next step on my road to becoming a real librarian.

Other than that, things have been pretty low key for me. Pretty much all my energy is going towards finishing school. I just filled out my Intent to Graduate form. Some days December seems like it will be here in no time, other days it seems like I'll never make it. But I'm sure that once the fall semester starts time will go by quickly.

So that's about it. I guess I haven't been blogging because I really haven't had much to blog about. I'll try to do something more interesting soon so that this won't become incredibly boring.

Comments