Love Is All You Need

So here I am working on paper #3 for this week (which explains my lack of blog postings lately, or even my lack of interacting with anyone or anything that isn't school related)... I'm listening to iTunes, just letting it play down the list, not really paying attention... until the Beatles song "love is all you need" came on. I've heard this song MANY times (especially after performing it at church last summer) and despite how simple the song sounds, there's quite a bit going on. For instance, the verses (for the most part) do not follow a standard 4 beats or even 3 beats per measure pattern, instead it alternates (4 then 3 then 4 then 3 etc) which makes counting fun. And despite all the times I've listened to it, I noticed something new today. At the end of the song there are two trumpets that come in and play the opening measures to a Bach Invention (I cant remember what number it is because I'm not good with numbers, but it's one of the standard inventions-- I played it in college, and a lot of people used to have it as a cell phone ring). Anyway, I notice all kinds of things in songs I've heard a million times when they are on in the background while i write papers. This is just one more to add to the list.

okay, less blog writing, more paper writing

Comments