Cool Art

Here's something I came across at work the other day. I think this is one of the more interesting sculptures I've seen. It's located at the Seattle Airport (part of a public art project). I tried to find up close pictures of some of it, but haven't seen any on the internet that were as good as the ones in the brochure I got.

The sculpture is of a bird landing on the water. The bird is made up of small little bird sculptures hung on cables, then the reflection of the bird is made up of small fish sculptures. At the very bottom (which you cant really see) are little sculptures that have something to do with the Seattle area or airports. Some of pretty much what you would expect (coffee mugs) but some are really clever, like a suitcase with the clothes spilling out of it, and the way the clothes are falling, they spell the word "lost" (as in a lost suitcase... see the airport connection?) Anyway, I'm not sure if the sites I found do it justice, but in case they do I thought I'd post them.

http://www.4culture.org/publicart/registry/sites/sites_profile.asp?ProjectID=helmick02

and the artists' home site:
http://www.handsart.net/

Comments