No More Spring Break

So tomorrow is my last day of spring break. Did I get everything done that needed to get done? Hardly. grrr... When is the semester over?

I did finish my research proposal. It ended up being 10 pages, not 5 (apparently I can write a lot about what I'm going to write about) and I even turned it in a whole HOUR before the deadline. My teacher wrote back yesterday and said it was great and he's looking forward to my paper. And now comes the real work...

I worked at the gallery 3 days during the week. I realized that this is probably too much if I even stand a chance of finishing all my school work this semester (that's a big if...). So for a little while at least, I'm cutting my hours down to 2 days a week. I already feel more confident about the time I have to study. I spent about 3 hours straight on Friday just filing this little postcard things... my neck is killing me from it now. I guess I should stretch or something before hand.

I spent the rest of Spring Break doing LOTS of homework. LOTS. Though I did manage to go to a St Patricks party at a friend's house in WV last week, and Matt and I went to the outlet mall this morning. (otherwise I've been on my computer nearly nonstop since 2:00... it's not 11:30). Where is all the time going?

Next week I register for the Summer and Fall semester. After that I'll never have to register for this degree again. Crazy. And by the way, if you are thinking about getting and MLS, whatever you do, DONT GO TO UMD. At least not until they get their act together. I'd write more on this, but I really dont want to bring up that frustration and aggression again. Let's just hope I am able to get the classes I need to graduate (I only have 4 left... you wouldnt think that would be too hard).

Oh and Spring Break started off with a great conversation over pancakes and omlettes between me and my friend Melissa. She's been suffering through grad school with me, and I swear if it weren't for her, I dont know how I would make it through. Anyway, she really helped me put a lot of things into perspective and I was literally AMAZED by the fact that she was willing to have dinner with me (yes, a dinner of pancakes and omlettes... that's what IHOP is there for), because I am so used to people having to rush home to their husbands as soon as they are free. It was so strange that someone was willing to actually make a conscious decision to spend some time with a friend.... and very much appreciated.

Anyway, it's past my bed time and I have a LOT of work to finish on my last Official Day of Spring Break. So I really should get some sleep.

yay for staying up until nearly midnight on a Saturday doing homework! I'm awesome.

Comments