Emails to Myself

If I'm not on my laptop, but I come across something interesting or something I want to remember, I'll usually email it to myself. Here are some of my recent emails:

  • March 14 (Pi Day): Can you believe there is no book titled Nothing and Everything? I am very surprised by this. very (there are, however, lots of books titled Everything and Nothing)
  • March 13: “Focusing on exemplary buildings of the period, among them, Building 1, Building 2 and Building 3, I will examine how they embodied converging, but also competing conceptions of materials and craftsmanship.”
  • March 13 (same email as above): Hymning is apparently a word. v. tr. To praise, glorify, or worship in or as if in a hymn.
  • March 13: Bio art article from msncb
  • March 13 (same email as above): The fact that some days I really hate the fact that the rest of the world doesn’t structure their information so it is library-ready. It would make my life SO much easier (ex: always use your name the same way whenever you publish something… always include birth/death dates when writing information, such as a biography, of a person such as JS Bach (1685-1750), date all the material you create, etc.)
  • March 13 (same email as above): At home: finish laundry, figure out what to wear tomorrow, print out egovt readings so I can do them on the metro/at work
  • March 10: Lately I have been feeling very overwhelmed by the amount of information I don’t know, but feel that I should know. Some examples:
-everything about art history
-everything about resources to find out about art history
-cataloging knowledge (especially AACR2 and MARC fields)
-music (especially 20th century music theory)
-religion
-etc

Comments