Yay for Snow

It's snowing!! First time all winter (if you can call it that). I heard there was a chance for snow today, but usually those kind of predictions don't come true. Or if they do it only flurries for like 5 minutes and that's it. But it's been snowing for a good 5 hours at least, there's not a whole lot on the ground, but that's okay... it's snowing :)

Other firsts... I got the flu last week for the first time since elementary school. That was awful. I spent most of the week sleeping and eating apple sauce (which was one of the few things I could keep down). The worst part was that the previous week at work I had made the comment to my boss's boss that I never get sick... and of course Tuesday rolls around (because we were off monday... did I mention how much I love my job?) and I had to call in sick... and then again on Wednesday... and again on Thursday... but I did force myself to go on Friday. I just couldn't miss an entire week. I felt SO guilty, I hate missing work or school (especially since I haven't been working long enough to earn much sick leave). And I certainly dont want them to think that I am the kind of person that calls in sick whenever they have a headache. But they seemed to be pretty understanding when I went in on Friday. It's no fun being sick.

I signed Matt and I up for a waltz class at the Leesburg rec center. It's a 6 week course for beginners. We started last week. I'm not the most coordinated person in the world, I regularly walk into walls and trip over my feet, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to do together, and it has been so far. Our teacher is a really nice guy and he knows his stuff. We're doing really well in the class, mostly that's because matt knows what he's doing (he's a fast learner) and I can just follow him. So in exchange for making him take a dance class, matt wants to sign us up for "learn how to shoot a gun" class. I'm trying to tell him that will cost another dance class though... maybe tango...

Other exciting news? Not too much going on. Life is getting back to routine, which is what I prefer. My classes start this week, and I go to my normal work schedule. I've been thinking about rejoining a gym (because I was a little too liberal with food over the holidays). I'd like to take another yoga class, and I'll have time to work out on mondays and thursdays before school. But I hate that most gyms make you commit to a year once you sign up. Not that I don't want to commit to going to the gym for a year, I just dont know if I want to commit to one particular gym for a year. But anyway.

I've also been debating the idea of becoming vegetarian. I think I could give up most meat with little problem. With the exception of beef. I'm not a huge fan of pork or chicken, but I love steak. I might give it a try though and just see if I can do it. I may have to make one last stop at Moby Dicks for steak kabobs before that happens though.

Oh and my vacuum is broken. I haven't been able to use it since before Christmas. This has bothered me so much that I had to finally turn off the part of my brain that makes me want to live in a clean environment, otherwise I would be literally on my hands and knees picking up each dog hair and individual grain of dirt. The house is a mess though, and the clean part of my brain is starting to have a hard time ignoring it. Fortunately my father in law is going to fix my vacuum for me. I have no idea what I'd do if Matt and I didn't live close to both our fathers. We'd have a lot more bills to pay, that's for sure. I can't believe I haven't vacuumed in more than three weeks!!!! Uh oh, I think the cleaning part of my brain is completely on now.

Comments