Things

I recently realized that I've never really lived any where long enough for a radio station to change. In fact, until recently, I didnt even know that they did change. I just thought once a station established itself as an Oldies station, it played oldies music forever. I know that 99.1 had a big change a few years ago (though I just recently took it off my presets), but I thought that was controversial and rare. I guess not. Hmm... I wonder what other things change over long periods of time.

The other day I made the comment that I had seen or done something about 10 years ago. Then I realized that 10 years ago I was in high school, and that made me feel old, because it doesn't seem like 10 years have passed since then.

I nearly went into work on Tuesday. I know that Bush declared it a national day of mourning for Ford and therefore it was a federal holiday, but I couldn't get any information to confirm the fact that I didn't have to work. So early Tuesday morning I got up, showered, left for work, went to starbucks, and then while driving to the metro I had this sudden urge to check the messages on my piano studio phone line... and there to my surprise was a call from my boss telling me that we had the day off. Turns out that she figured I would be confused so she googled me and found my studio website (which had my studio phone number) and called that. (she does have my other phone number, but it was in the office, which she was obviously not at). So instead of going to work, I got my hair done. Yay for my new job!

This afternoon I had a farewell party for my piano studio. Not a lot of people came, I think the fact that is was 70 something degrees caused most people to want to do outdoorsy things instead. But it's official, I'm now no longer a piano teacher. It feels weird.

Comments