What A Difference Good Customer Service Makes

Here's why i love Saturns. I mean, I realize they arent high performance or high luxury, but I really dont need that in a car. What I do need is something to get me from point A to point B with as few problems as possible (along with a few basic luxuries like heat and AC, and a CD player). And with all the experiences I've had with the cars, I've been pretty satisfied with the reliability and low maintenance. In fact my very first car didnt even need to be washed because it has some sort of special coating on it, so that when it rained the dirt would run of with the rain water. I got so used to that, that I havent quite adjusted to my non-special coating saturn (which means I dont wash it as often as I probably should).

At some point in time everyone in my family has owned a Saturn, both my parents, 2 of my sisters (the 3rd one is only 12), my brother, me, and even my husband. At one point my dad lined up all our Saturns in the driveway and took a picture with all of us standing next to them. Then they sent the picture to the dealer who hung it in their lobby. We're a Saturn family.

A few weeks ago my right brake light went out. So I went to an auto parts store to get a new bulb, but after trying to replace it with no success, matt and I discovered that the socket may have been the problem (it was a little melted so we figured the connection wasnt working.) So I went back to the auto parts store to get a new socket, but they didnt have the model I needed. Which meant I had to go back to the dealer to get it.

Yesterday I stopped by the dealer in Sterling while I was down in the area. I was expecting to just go in and ask for a new socket and pay a few dollars, and then install it myself (since it just twists into place). But as it turned out there had been a recall, so they needed to install some sort of bracket thingie to prevent the electricity from melting the connection again. The funny thing is that as soon as I walked in to the service department (which i had only been to once before, and that was right after matt and I were married) the guy behind the desk knew who I was and even remembered my name... before I even said a word. I was totally impressed. Of course he only knew my maiden name (since I hadnt changed it yet), but that just proves how long ago I was there. Granted the fact that my picture is still hanging on their wall may make it easy for them to know who I am, but still, it's not like they study it... and our names arent even on the picture. Anyway, he took care of everything for me, even squeezed me in that day (despite not having an appointment) and was really pleasant about the whole thing.

This morning I went back to pick up my car, and discovered that my sister was in the waiting room (waiting on an oil change). So we chatted while waiting for my car to be pulled up. Just as I was about to leave, the same guy pointed out that my center brake lights were all burned out (apparently there are 6 bulbs in that) and he said they could replace those real quick, but it would cost like $30 or something. I figured why not. So he went and replaced my bulbs, and then when he came back he said "hey dont worry about it, this is on the house." What great service, not just because it was free, but because it was pleasant, and I felt taken care of.

So next time you're in the market for a car... I highly recommend giving the Sterling Saturn dealer a shot. I'm not sure how their sales department is since I've never worked directly with them, but their service department is better than any service department from any company I've ever worked with (ask for Adam).

Comments