Tests

Hmm... what to write about... hmm...

Well I guess I could write something interesting about school. I started my new class a few weeks ago. It's okay (I say that with VERY little enthusiasm). Still not as interesting as I would hope, but it's a step I need to take in order to get my degree. So I do it. Last week we had a pop quiz on Singularity and two different Information Theories (don't even ask what those to have to do with each other... the randomness of this class is one thing I haven't learned to cope with yet). Anyway, seeing as how my teacher loves to talk about every little detail he can about every single topic we discuss (the entire history, who was involved, what their parents did for a living, etc) I wrote A LOT, 4 pages of essays. And it all paid off because I got an A+!!! Wahoo! I didn't even know they gave A+s in grad school (I was shocked to find that they gave them in regular college). So I guess I'm off to a good start. I have to say, despite the fact that my hand nearly fell off afterwards, I love essay tests. I have no problem proving that I know what I'm talking about on whatever topic we've gone over in class. And I'm a decent writer when I need to be (despite my very casual grammar, structure, and style I blog with). So I tend to do really well with essays. Multiple choice on the other hand just sucks. I think I over think the questions too much... somehow I can have a question as simple as 1+1=? and find about 10 different ways to interpret the question, each requiring a different answer. I've been tempted to explain my choices on multiple choice tests, but I figure that teachers who give them won't take the time to read any notes I put in. So I tend to do alright on multiple choice tests, but I get frustrated because if it were in essay form it would be much better.

Anyway, that was a fascinating topic (it really just gave me a chance to brag about my grade :) hey I dont brag often, but every once and a while I like to celebrate the fact that I succeeded in something.)

Comments