Sports Sunday

Matt and I are currently watching the Red Sox game. Ooh, they just showed that if you go online and sign up for Red Sox Nation, you can get an ID card to show that you are an official member. I wonder if that requires some kind of payment.

I dont mind watching baseball. It's one of the few sports I can really sit and watch (though I'm usually doing other things while it's on). I think it's mostly because it's one of the few sports I really understand in terms of rules, strategies, etc. But it is slow enough that I dont have to devote my full attention to it.

Basketball is tough to watch. My theory is that it's too easy to score. Seriously when people can score into the 100s, it kind of takes away from the suspense. If I do watch basketball, I'll usually only watch the last 3 or 4 minutes. If it's any kind of a good game, that's all you need to watch anyway.

Football is somewhere in the middle. I dont really understand all the rules and fouls and strategies involved in football. But I'm learning. I definitely have to care about at least one of the teams I'm watching. Otherwise I just get bored.

Okay, back to the Red Sox.

Comments