A Look Back

I've been tagged (by Rob)

20 years ago I . . .
1. Only had a brother and 1 sister. Life was simpler then.
2. Was living in Texas... what do I remember about texas? big flying ants, armadillos rolling down our roof at night, picking bluebonnets on Easter, snow--in texas that's rare, and the very colorful rug in my pre-school class.
3. was only 4, I cant really remember anything else.

10 years ago I . . .
1. had one brother and 3 sisters. No more simple life.
2. was in the school's JROTC program under protest (I did not voluntarily sign up for it). I had to wear a uniform once a week which put me in a VERY bad mood. The only reason I did well in the class was because I knew that whenever you made a mistake you had to do push-ups. I did very few pushups.
3. Attempted downhill skiing for the 3rd and final time. It just wasnt for me.

5 years ago I . . .
1. Was taking finals as a college freshman. Which probably meant that right about now I was drinking coffee, making study sheets, sleeping about 3 hours a night, and things like runnning out of toothpaste made me cry. By my sophmore year I learned how to handle the stress and pressure of finals week a little better.
2. Auditioned to get into school at Mason. That was my 2nd public performance in my life. They asked me to sight read something and I'm pretty sure I didnt get a single note right, but I got in somehow anyway. I also met a guy named Steve who played tuba while waiting for the audition... he later turned into my good friend TubaSteve.
3. Spent the summer as a nanny. It was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The kids were alright, but half way through the summer, their mom got laid off and so she was home all the time. But she still insisted on keeping me around for some reason. Establishing yourself as an authority figure with someone else's kid is hard... doing it while their parents are constantly with you is impossible. I ended up turning into a chauffer/personal servant for the family. Never again.

3 years ago I . . .
1. My fiance and I moved into our first house after waiting nearly 8 months for it to be built.
2. Spent a majority of my days practicing some kind of instrument or voice skill.
3. Finally decided what my major was going to be (and didnt change it after that).

1 year ago I . . .
1. Had my first piano recital for my piano students. Everyone did an awesome job. No one burst into tears and ran out in the middle of their performance (my biggest fear).
2. Spent my first wedding anniversary at Morimoto's eating the best meal I've ever had in my life (which I wrote about in one of my blogs).
3. learned how to make oatmeal the old fashioned way, yum!

So far this year I . . .
1. Have gone to california for the first time, and spent an awesome day in San Fransisco by myself.
2. Was accepted into graduate school
3. visited mike in florida and drank from the fountain of youth.

Yesterday I . . .
1. Spent the morning scraping wallpaper remains off of my parents bedroom in an effort to surprise my mom.
2. Taught piano lessons in the afternoon... preparing for a recital in 2 weeks
3. Spent the night scraping off more wallpaper remains. wallpaper is evil.

Today I . . .
1. Had a minor surgery to reduce the bone near a tooth I recently had root canal on.
2. Am currently watching tv, holding an ice pack on my cheek, and finishing up this blog.
3. Will hopefully teach more piano lessons before going back to my parents house to wash off wallpaper glue with my dad. wallpaper is very evil.

Tomorrow I will . . .
1. Meet with people from church to discuss rock n roll summer ideas
2. Hopefully be able to eat solid food
3. rehearse a Spice Girls song that will be played in church this weekend. (wow, there's something I never thought I'd do)

In the next year I will . . .
1. Go to new york for a family reunion
2. Start graduate school
3. power wash and seal the fence and deck

In the next minute I will tag . . .

1. whoever else enjoys doing these as much as i do!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Armadillos rolling off the roof? That sounds hilarious.

I enjoyed reading your post.

Thanks for playing along!

You washing and sealing your deck yourself? I just paid someone to do ours, but it would be a lot cheaper to do it myself.