Free Night

So yesterday all of my piano students cancelled. I kinda expected one of them to cancel because Loudoun county Schools were closed because of Saturday's snow. (even though the roads were beyond fine). But actually they were cancelled because they all had the flu. This is something that has drastically affected my income for the past 2 months. I think nearly all of my students have had the flu at some point. However, I've managed not to get it... yet.

But this left me with a free evening. So matt and I went down to the Apple store in Tysons because his iPod has been broken. We signed up for the genius bar, and found out we had about an hour and a half wait before someone could help us. Somehow we managed to spend the entire time in the Apple store. Mostly because they had a "Getting Started" class that we sat through for an hour. It was actually pretty awesome to see some of the basic things Macs can do (Windows doesnt even compare). Anyway, the coolest thing I saw was the "Widget" feature that is new to OS 10.4, now I cant wait to get my Mac. But if anyone has been thinking about switching to a Mac... I totally recommend it, they are just better all around.

So we finally had our turn at the Genius Bar, it took about a whopping 30 secs to fix the problem. After that we ate dinner at the new Brewery place in the mall (I think it's called Gordon Biersch). I love this place. They have awesome garlic fries (though last night they were WAY too garlicy... normally they arent so overpowering) and pretty decent burgers. Plus they sat us in a booth which allowed both matt and I to easily watch the UConn-Villanova game. We left before it was over, but UConn seemed to be doing much better than Villanova. However, as we walked back through the mall towards our car, we saw the game in another store, and somehow Villanova was ahead. So, Matt thinking that this was his fault (you know, by getting up and not watching the end of the game, he affected the outcome) we stopped and watched for a few minutes until UConn regained the lead. Then we went home. When we got home, we found out that UConn lost... it was probably all matt's fault :) (Oh yeah, I should probably mention that matt went to UConn.)

And then we came home and watched 24 (thanks to the DVR). Anyway, it was a really nice night, and definitely helps me look forward to times when I wont have to work every single evening and I'll be able to do things like that more often. Not that I dont enjoy teaching... but I really hate the hours. I'd much rather work during the day so I can enjoy spending the evening with matt and my friends. But anyway, I'm definitely making a change in that direction.

Comments