Things to Blog About List

Yay, the new season of 24 finally started! Looks like it's going to be another good season (in which I wont want to miss a single episode. I was sad that they killed off Michelle, she was my favorite character. I would have much rather gotten rid of Tony, but oh well... such is 24.

In other exciting news. I've finally convinced my husband to purge some of his stuff he no longer needs. Today we got rid of 5 garbage bags worth of clothes, 3 for donations, and 2 for the trash. Mostly it was all his stuff. He finally realized that there comes a point in your life when you just have to get rid of your 50 free college t-shirts that have more holes in them than swiss cheese. Plus we are slowly getting rid of old hand me down furniture that we dont need anymore, along with small electronics and empty boxes (dont ask). So right now our house looks like we just moved in, but it's going to have to stay that way until we are completely done with the whole house.

Also, my PC computer is currently being used soley to hold the floor down (I hate it when the floor just mysteriously starts floating away). Which just gives me yet another reason to get a mac as soon as possible. I cant wait. I've been using macs since I was in like 1st or 2nd grade. They are far superior to PCs, and if you dont agree, well I dont care. Fortunately I did take off my important tax information before the computer went dead (smart move me). The only other thing I really NEED my computer for is my teaching. Usually the kids spend about 10 to 15 minutes each lesson on the computer doing some theory or note reading drills. But fortunately for me, I had planned to start a new composer of the month project beginning this week. So instead of computer programs and games, this week the kids are supposed to read about a composer (either Bach or Mozart, I havent decided yet. Bach is a good historical place to start, but I just found out that this year is supposedly Mozart year in the music world, so maybe that's a good starting place) and answer some basic questions, and then listen to a famous piece of music by that composer and answer some questions. And another good thing about this is that earlier last week I made all the worksheets and printed them out, so I'm all set.

Let's see, what else is on my "remember to blog about later" list? Oh I remember. Since getting home from San Francisco a week ago, I have seen the area we stayed at on television TWICE. Once in a scene from a recent Twilight Zone episode (shot from Yerba Buena gardens, with the Marriot clearly in the background), and once on some Hotel show (which featured the hotel across the street from ours). It's crazy because I was just there.

Last thing. I think Monday night during rush hour is the WORST time to go to the grocery store. Not because it's super crowded (though that could be one reason) but because apparently everyone who shops during this time has never been to a grocery store before. While waiting in line (at the self checkout) I had to help 3 people figure out how to work the thing, and one guy even asked if he could use my bonus card to save 15 cents on some cereal or something. Normally I would have been okay with doing something that super generous, but I think they print your name and phone number on the reciept when you use a bonus card, and I really didnt want this guy having information like that (especially since I use my mom's account so it's shows her name and number instead of mine). Anyway, I learned my lesson.

So, there are some of my random blog thoughts for you to read and not be interested in.

Comments