Catch Up

Man I havent posted in a while. I didnt realize how long it had been. Probably because there are usually like 1 or 2 times a day when something happens and I think "hey, that'd make a good blog entry," so I write one up in my mind with the intention of transfering it to the computer later, but I never make it that far. So it actually feels like I've been maintaining my blog, but I guess it's about time for me to put in an actual post.

So a lot has been going on here. I keep myself pretty busy these days. I had my 1 year anniversary of teaching piano at home a week ago (I took the day off... it also happened to be my birthday and my husband took me to atlantic city). My little business has come a long way in a year. It took me about 2 months just to get 1 student. Now I get about 10 calls a week for potential students, not too bad. Unfortunately thats all going to end soon... but for a good reason. Anyway.

This weekend I am sub-accompanying at church. Sub-accompanying is worse than regular accompanying because you usually have to do it on short notice. But this wasnt so bad because I got to pick the music (and i did get adequate notice), so I picked stuff I've played before so I wouldnt have to practice as hard; which is nearly impossible for me right now since my shoulder is all messed up-- who knew that by playing the piano I could injur myself the same way baseball pitchers, weight lifters, and swimmers do? I'm such an athlete. So tomorrow night is rehearsal, i just hope I can get through it without pain. I'm not worried about sunday because I'll at least be able to take breaks between songs, so it shouldnt be a problem. And I bought a nice new heating pad today which makes me feel gooooooooood.

The weather is getting cooler, which is good for my dog. Now she just sits outside in the backyard all day long. I'm sure she loves it. But the birds and squirrels must hate it. My next door neighbor has a bird feeder in his backyard and during the summer it was always filled with birds and squirrels, and whenever I'd let Eve out she try to chase them all away (actually she was probably trying to eat them). But now that she's always in the backyard the other animals wont go anywhere near the feeder. I guess they'll have to hunt and gather the old fashioned way again.

One more random thing...

About 2 and a half weeks ago my husband was playing softball and took a line drive to his shin. It got him pretty bad, but neither of us realized how badly when it first happen. He's a little injury prone (luckily never anything too serious), so we are used to things like this happening (not to say that makes them hurt less). But when he first came home and told me what happened, I didnt feel very sorry for him. I thought he should have learned his lesson by now about playing too hard and hurting himself all the time. But then a couple days later his leg started to bruise. Actually it was his foot that bruised first, but soon his lower leg was all black and blue. It has to be the biggest bruise I've ever seen. I want to take a picture of it and post it... we'll see.

Comments