Cleaning the House Playlist

I cleaned most of the house today. I didn't really plan on doing it, but I made a really good PlayList on my iPod and it kept me in a "cleaning mood" for a long time (I think I listened to it at least 3 times today, so far). Typically I like to listen to Elvis Costello when I clean (I cant explain why), but I think it was time for a change. Here's my new Cleaning the House Playlist:

1. Black Betty Spiderbait
The real version, not the crappy remake for the Dukes of Hazard. I include this because Mark Belhorn is currently on the Red Sox injured list, but I still want to hear the song (I'd actually prefer to hear it on my iPod over hearing it announce that Mark Belhorn is about to bat... with the exception of the time he hit a home run in the game we went to).
2. Undo Me Jennifer Knapp
Just fun to sing along to (I think the whole song is actually in my range)
3. Yeah! Usher
Never did I think I'd enjoy a song that repeats one word so much.
4. It's All Over Now Baby Blue Them featuring Van Morrison
While I do like the original Bob Dylan version, I think I like this one even more.
5. The Boxer Simon and Garfunkel
Just because I like Simon and Garfunkel, and this is the only song I have of theirs on my iPod.
6. Hey Ya! Outcast
I think the main reason I like this song is that he DJ played this at my wedding and everyone had such a good time dancing to it. Now whenever I hear the song I think of that moment. My wedding was awesome!
7. Punk Rawk Show MXPX
Cause I aint got no place to go.
8. The Way You Make Me Feel Michael Jackson
Because they dance to it in Center Stage.
9. Canned Heat Jamiroquai
For two reasons (both having to do with a movie): 1- Napoleon Dynamite, I think this scene makes the movie great. 2- Center Stage, also the song for the big dance number, although it's part of a ballet... a lot less guy-friendly than Napoleon's dance.
10. Virtual Insanity Jamiroquai
I figured after Canned Heat... why not?
11. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo`ole
One of the best songs I've heard in a long time. Probably not the greatest motivation for cleaning ever, but it's a great song to listen to whenever.
12. Malibu Hole
I'm not a big fan of songs featuring female singers, but I actually think this one is pretty good.
13. Killing Me Softly Fugees
I just like it.
14. Take Me Out Franz Ferdinand
I like how this one changes about 1/4 of the way into it.
15. I Throw My Toys Around No Doubt and Elvis Costello
I gotta have Elvis Costello in there somewhere. And this song makes me wish that I used to throw my toys around.

Comments