Jelly Beans and Dog Walks

Ah, I feel like I've been so busy lately, but I'm not exactly sure what I've been doing. One thing I havent been doing... updating my blog. But that's about to change.

So here are some interesting (or not so interesting) things that have happened today:

  • I am eating Jelly Belly jelly beans at the moment. Only the best candy ever made. I have enjoyed Jelly Bellys since I was in about third grade. I can tell the flavor just by looking at the bean, and I'm pretty sure I can name the flavor just by tasting it (blindfolded of course). Some of my least favorite flavors they've had in the past (and happily discontinued): Jalapenos and Peanut Butter. I mean, at least Peanut Butter is somewhat normal as far as flavor goes (though it made the nastiest jelly bean), but Jalapeno? I mean seriously, what the heck were they thinking. My favorite flavors (in no particular order) are: Pina Colada, Lemon-Lime, and Watermelon. The Watermelon-bean even looks like a watermelon, it's green on the outside, and pink on the inside. Clever.

  • My dog is a hunting dog at heart. In the fall it's nearly impossible to walk her near any wooded area because she has to chase any squirrel she sees. But even during other times of the year, she's always on the prowl. So far her capture list reads as follows: 3 mice, 1 chipmunk, and as of today... 1 bird. Seriously, how does a dog catch a bird (I thought the chipmunk was pretty impressive)? And how did she do it while I had her on the leash? I usually keep a close watch on her actions, but today as we were walking, she suddenly pounced onto something before I had a chance to react. And before I could stop her, she had a small bird in her mouth (and even though the bird filled most of her mouth, I think I could see her smiling over her triumph). I made her drop the bird (which she did with very little resistance) and tried to continue on our walk, but it was no use, she was only thinking about one thing... returning to the spot where she captured the bird. The poor bird.

  • I think this entry wins as the one with the most paranthesis (I just love commenting on my own stories)

I suppose that's all I have to say for now.

Comments