1 year anniversary and Morimoto

So Sunday was my 1 year anniversary! I cant believe I've been married for a year already. It went by so fast.

To celebrate my husband and I went to Philadelphia for the day. There's a restaurant there called Morimoto that we went to on our honeymoon, and we decided that we'd go back this year.

If you know my family at all, you probably know that we watch Food Network about as much as a normal family watches cartoons. On Food Network there is an awesome show called Iron Chef (not Iron Chef America-- that show is NOT awesome). It's this Japanese cooking show in which a handful of "iron chefs" compete against a challenger chef. They have 1 hour to make several dishes containing a surprise theme ingredient (usually something weird that I've never heard of) and then at the end they are judged by a panel of tasters to see who made the best dishes.

Our favorite iron chef is Iron Chef Japanese, Morimoto. A couple years ago I found out that he opened a restaurant in Phillie and ever since that moment I was dying to go there and try it out.So for our honeymoon, that's what we did! And it was well worth it. Everything about the restaurant was great. The food was amazing (all other seafood I eat anywhere else cant even begin to compare) and the restaurant decorations themselves are really cool. I'll post a picture of it, it's difficult to describe.

And this year for our anniversary we decided to go back. I think that means we've established a tradition (which I'm hoping that means we get to go back every year!) And the food was even better this time. We had steamed scallops for an appetizer... and they were by far the best scallops I've ever had. I mean they didnt even taste like what I thought scallops tasted like, no fishiness at all. They were so good that we considered getting a second helping after dessert (unfortunately we were too full by then). Then for our entrees we both got Chilean Sea Bass, which literally fell apart and dissolved in my mouth-- it was that delicate. Honestly the best meal I've ever eaten in my life. But I have to admit that after eating something that tastes SO good, it's probably going to be difficult to eat seafood at normal restaurants, and I certainly cant afford to eat at Morimotos everytime I want seafood. And finally for dessert my husband had chocolate pot de creme while I had an asian pear cooked in oolong tea with ginger ice cream. Again, it was phenomenal.

Ahh Morimotos... I cant wait for our 2 year anniversary!!


Morimoto's Restaurant Posted by Hello

Comments