Season Finales

It's that time of the year again... Time to wrap up all my favorite shows in the season finale week. Here are my take on them:


  1. My Wife and Kids (from last week): I love this show. I think the cast is hysterical (except for that little brainiac kid who's just plain annoying). It's one of those shows that I never want to miss, yet seems as though not many other people are watching. So for this season finale the big shocker was (duh duh duuuuh) Jay gets pregnant. Which I suppose is a good way to end a season, definitely makes me want to watch next season. The only problem is that the surprise was TOTALLY given away in the previews. Not in a subtle way either, it was very blunt and caused me to have a "so what I already knew that was going to happen" moment at the end of the show. That being said, it's still a hilarious show and I cant wait for next season.

  2. 24. By far my favorite show to watch. And this finale was no exception. I was surprised because the show ended without a national disaster or one of the main characters being killed off (for real). The whole Jack fakes his death is intriguing. I've heard speculation on the radio that Season 5 will find Jack working black ops with David Palmer, Michelle, Tony, and Chloe. It should be interesting to see what they really do come up with next. And hopefully it will be very different (I could go without the crazy/problem daughter, nuclear threat, spy in CTU, and someone's loved one being a hostage that seems to plague the show each season). But as I stated in my last post on 24, Tony and Michelle live happily ever after and that's really all I care about.

  3. The Contender- I have to admit, I dont care much for boxing. For some reason I just cant find the entertainment in watching two guys beat each other up. However, I did like watching the show. Mostly because the majority of the show was focused on the emotional state of the guys. And let me tell you these guys were emotional. It was pretty much guarenteed that at least one of them would cry at some point in each show (and not because someone was beating the crap out of them). And it wasnt so bad watching the fights because whoever edited it decided that they would put all the big punches in slow motion (probably so the audience knew they were big punches and also for the drama), which helped me understand who was winning (though any time I saw blood, I turned away or closed my eyes-- yuck). The one downfall of the show... you end up liking most of the boxers. So for the finale, I really wasnt rooting for either guy more than the other. It was like "well Sergio is obviously better. and he wants to take care of his mom, so it would be good for him to win." and then at the same time "Manfredo is a good guy, and probably the underdog in this fight (always fun to cheer for the underdog) and he deserves to win too." Either way, seems to me that the result would have been good. So as far as the finale goes, I'd have to say it wasnt the same as the regular shows. We didnt get too see the boxers interact with each other in the days leading up to the fight, no slow-motion punches, or post-fight reflections. (though there were plenty of post-fight talks of a rematch. Seriously people, can we let this fight end before we start talking about the next one... do you have to try to bank in on everything humanly possible?) And congrats to Sergio.

So that's it. All 3 of the shows I watch regularly are over for now.

Now what am I going to watch during the summer?

Comments