Pansie Time (part III)

Ever since my Spring Cleaning week (or two weeks) I really have lost the energy for cleaning. I feel as though since i cleaned so much in that short amount of time, I deserve a cleaning break. So I took one. Though now I'm noticing the effects of that break. I suppose it's time to get back to my cleaning schedule. Blah

My husband and I just worked on part 3 of our garden. We put down some bricks to frame it, and laid down a little mulch. But i think we need to make another trip to home depot before we can finish it all the way. I think at most I can garden for about 1 hour. Then I get bored and my back starts hurting... time to move on.

The new Beck CD, Guero, is awesome. Everyone should check it out. One of my favorite songs istrack 3 (I think), Girl. The chorus goes something like this:
"Hey my (something mumbled) Girl... my (mumble) girl"
Since I'm the type of person who needs to know the lyrics to all the songs I listen to (so I can sing along of course). I had to check out the lyric sheet to figure out the mystery word in between "my" and "girl." It's sounds to me like it could be "summer" or "sonar" or some two syllable word beginning with an "s." I thought it was weird that the title didnt include the word. So I open the liner notes and find the song... okay, here's the words to the chorus:
"My ... girl"
What? those arent the words. He distinctly says something in between, and I'm pretty sure it's not "elipses." Ugh, so now I'm going to have to do an internet search to figure out the mystery.

**************
My husband said he talked to someone at work about it and they looked it up (online?) and found out that the missing words are "sun-eyed." That would make it:
"Hey, my sun-eyed girl."
Well that's okay, I guess it's better than "summer" but I actually kind of like "sonar" better. I still havent checked out the lyrics online for myself yet... I think I'll do that right now.

Comments