Bonefish

This weekend my husband and I took his parents out to dinner. We went to a new (to us) restuarant, Bonefish. It was great!

I try not to think of myself as a yuppie, but when it comes to eating out, I think it's pretty hard for me to avoid that. It's not that I like expensive exotic foods, and that I have to go to upscale places. I'm not even a very picky eater... but I do have certain preferences.

First Point: When I eat out, I want to eat something that I cant cook at home. I'm not going out to eat something like spagetti if I can just make it myself (and it will cost less too!).

Second Point: I also like to try something different when I go to restuarants. It's very rare that I will eat the same thing when I go out. I like trying new things, seeing what they have to offer. I mean there are times when I'm craving Sesame Chicken from our favorite Vietnamese place, so I'll go just for that. But overall I like experimenting. Eating out should be special... that's my philosophy anyway.

Third Point: the last thing that probably pushes me into the yuppie category, is that I like eating quality food. I dont need a huge plate overflowing with crappy food which makes me feel as though I'm getting my money's worth. I want fresh ingredients, prepared correctly, and good taste. This is why I shy away from buffets. As much as I want to like them, it's really hard for me. I just never know how old the food is... how long has it been sitting there? and before that how long was it just sitting in the kitchen? are they leftovers from yesterdays food? And usually they taste a little stale.

But that's why I really liked Bonefish. I checked out their website and they made a point of saying that they get all their fish as fresh as possible (1 point-- freshness). They had a pretty good menu, I ended up having Swordfish with Mango Salsa (mmm... mango salsa, I think that's the new big trend in cuisine at the moment). The last time I had swordfish was when my grandpa made it back when I was probably 8 (I dont actually have any idea how old I was, all I know is I was very young, and I liked it a whole lot) (2 points--something I wont, or cant, ever cook for myself and something I havent had in a long time). So there you go, Bonefish met all 3 of my qualifying points.

And... the atmosphere was great, we had a really nice waiter. It was a little pricey (for us), but I think the money was well worth the quality of the food. The portion sizes were pretty good too-- everyone ended up with a little something for later (aka- doggy bag).

So I highly recommend Bonefish, especially if you like seafood. And I look forward to going back.

Comments