Rosencrantz

I am finally replacing my grand piano. Not that I dont love it. I did right up until the soundboard cracked (it was less than a year old). That happened about 3 months ago. Ever since then the keys having been buzzing and clicking and making all kinds of weird noises pianos arent supposed to make. I have especially been having problems with Middle C. I dont know how many people teach piano, but I can safely say that Middle C is the most commonly played key by beginning students. So 4 hours of a broken Middle C a day is just enough to make me want to rip the key out of the piano and stomp on it until it turns into a fine piano paste. But fortunately, I wont have to deal with that much longer. I decided to replace the grand with 2 (very nice) Boston uprights. I just picked them out this afternoon and can't wait until they are delivered. I figure I can hold out for a while before I get the grand of my dreams.

Yesterday morning my husband told me that i woke him up in the middle of the night because i was singing in my sleep. He doesnt know what I was singing though, and when I asked him what it sounded like, he made an awful sound. I'm not sure if it really qualifies as singing.

I finally got one of my favorite movies! It was just released on DVD this week: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. I love it!! I've been waiting for this day for what seems like an eternity. The first time I watched it was in an English class my junior year of high school. It was the only thing I remember about the class. I dont think the teacher cared for my writing, so in turn I didnt really care much for her class. It seems as though every year in high school you read 1 shakespeare play; that year it was Hamlet. After we read the play (and watched the movie... apparently you cant just read anymore, if there's a movie made about the book, you have to watch that too), she showed us Rosencrantz. Most of the class didnt get it, but I totally did. I thought it was great, but didnt really say anything at the time because I didnt want to give the teacher the satisfaction. So between now and then I've only seen the movie 1 other time. But I've read the play. I think it's safe to say that it's much better to watch the play than to read it. I mean I dont like it when someone turns a book into a movie, but plays are meant to be acted out, so that's okay. But anyway, if you havent seen the movie, and like intellectual humor, it's a must see.

Comments