MoMAStore

Yesterday in the mail I got the Winter 2005 catalogue from the MoMA (Musuem of Modern Art) Store. I read it cover to cover immediately.


The MoMA store has some of my favorite things in it. I love the unique and modern designs, especially of their kitchen items. Whenever my husband and I go to an art museum half of the fun for me is going to the museum store and picking out cool little trinkets to add to our house. Most of it is WAY to expensive for us, but I can usually find a small thing here or there for a good deal. Luckily for me, you dont just ahve to go to MoMA (in NYC) to get their pieces; which is good since I still havent been there yet. Most museums carry some of their stuff.

For instance on our honeymoon we got a salt and pepper shaker, Mondrian tumbler, and very cool clock (which hangs in my piano studio) from the art museum in Philadelphia. The salt and pepper shaker are so cute, they are just little round ceramic balls, one says "NaCl" and the other says "Pe+(Pe) R." It usually takes guests a minute to figure out what they mean. And the Mondrian tumbler is another one of my favorites. Which is very weird because in general i dont really like Mondrian's stuff too much. Well I used to hate it. But over the years I think it's turned into more of a love-hate kind of thing. When people ask I usually refer to Mondrian as the "kitchen tiles" guy.


MoMA Glasses
We also got our glasses from the MoMA design. Actually i first saw them at the Hirschhorn a couple years ago. But they were so expensive at the museum. So I did a search online and found them a little cheaper. Then one day I was shopping in another one of my favorite stores: Kitchen etc. (which has since shut down), and found them there for about half price. That was such a great store.

Fortunately my husband and I have pretty much the same taste in decorating. If I could, I would have MoMA design and furnish my dream house.

The best part about receiving the magazine yesterday was that I found out that the new MoMA is open. So I think we are going to take a trip up there soon and check it out. We've been patiently waiting for this for a couple years. I can't wait!


Comments