Jars

Currently Listening to: Jars of Clay Redemption Songs

Jars of Clay just came out with a new CD on Tuesday. I actually pre-ordered it like a month ago because then you could have early access to some of the songs online. Jars of Clay release dates are a big deal to me. They usually go on my calendar so I can rush out and buy the CD the day it drops. It's like a holiday for me. I dont do anything even close to that obsessed with any other band. This CD is pretty different from stuff they've done before because it's more hymn based. Any of the CDs they produced themselves are good though. And this CD has 2 tracks that feature the Blind Boys of Alabama, so how couldnt it be good?

Changing topics:
I just took my dog out for a walk. It's so nice out today, probably the warmest it's been in a while, but there's still a cool breeze so it's not too warm yet. I did notice that the grass is getting really green again. Probably because it's been raining here for like a week straight (maybe not quite that long, but it sure feels like it's been that long). So that brings up 2 different emotions in me:
  1. it's nice to get a break from the cold and wet
  2. I'm gonna have to start doing yardwork again
People think I'm crazy, but I love cold weather. Not really just cold weather, but I love SNOW. Cold weather without snow just seems wasteful to me. I'm not crazy about blistering hot, humid weather. In fact I get pretty miserable in the summer time due to the high temps. So right now I have mixed emotions. On the whole, I like spring because it's not hot enough to make me hate going outside, but I know those days are right around the corner.

In fact, yesterday I had to move my dog's food and water bowl because they are close to the door to the back porch, and when I fed her in the morning, I noticed a small trail of ants nearby. This reminds me of the bug problems we had last year all summer. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just the occasional flies that sneak in with open windows and doors, random ants searching for food, and a visiting spider from time to time. But along with the hot temperatures, bugs are the second thing about summer I could do without.

I have admit though, I do like the fact that the days are longer.

Comments