Driving

One of the nice things about working from home is that I really dont have to do much driving anymore. Right now I'm really appreciating that because of the outrageous gas prices. I used to have to fill my car about every 5 or 6 days (I had a long school commute my Senior year), but now I probably only have to get gas once every 2 or 3 weeks (depending on how social I am). I had to get gas this weekend, and nearly fainted when I saw the price... $2.12 for regular!! That's insane. I spent well over $20 to fill my car. Thank goodness I dont have to do that very often, I just couldnt afford it anymore.

One of the things I miss about driving is listening to music. I almost always listen to classical music in the car. But at home I usually listen to pop stuff (one day I'm going to have an entry about the terms "classical" and "pop") because I need words to sing along with while I'm working around the house. I mean I do listen to classical stuff occasionally, but only about 25% of the time.

The CD i've been listening to in my car for about the past 3 weeks is a Shostakovich Trio (I think opus 67... but dont quote me on that, I'm awful with numbers). Anyway, I just cant stop listening to it. As soon as it's over I repeat it and listen again and again and again. It's really a great piece. I think my ear leans towards anything with strong dissonances after my undergrad years (in which we spend a majority of the time studying consonant music).

Comments