Computer

I feel like I spent all day on the computer. First I started out by organizing a few files. Then I decided to use Quickbooks; a program I purchased, oh, about 8 months ago. I tried to learn it then, but it was so complicated for me. I know nothing about accounting. But now I decided to give it another shot. My husband got me a Quickbooks for Dummies from the library, so i think having a guidebook somewhere along my level will be helpful. And actually a lot more of it did makes sense this go-around. Not that I'm some kind of expert now, but at least i have a clue as to what i'm doing.

I didn't really make it too far because I kept getting interrupted. Not bad interruptions, the good kind; phone call from a friend, quick walk with the dog (in the rain, yuck), and the likes.

I checked out Fr Rob's blog, he had a little question type thingie posted on his that I thought I would carry over into mine:

What's next to you?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it.:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

So here's mine:
"Bernard delineates three distinguishing strategies of the Minimalist style in art and music: "(1) the minimization of change or accident; (2) an emphasis upon the surface of the work...; (3) a concentration up on the whole rather than the parts." from Minimalism: Origins by Edward Strickland

What's yours?

Comments