I'm Still Here, but in a different house

We moved!  Down the street.  Haha.  For all our talk of leaving the area and finding somewhere new and different to live we wound up moving a whopping 1 mile from our old house.  Which is fine, because in the end we decided that we didn't really want to leave the area.  At least not until after we raise our kids.  There are just so many opportunities, good education, and friends and family around us that we decided to stay put.  And we are SO SO SO happy with our new home.  We found something just perfect for our not-so-little-anymore family.  With a great backyard, lots of space, and across the street from the playground/basketball hoops/neighborhood pool.  So we were busy packing up the old house, moving, unpacking, fixing this house up, and chasing after the kids (really we spend like 90% of the time chasing after our kids).  It was a hard and exhausting process, but we are finally living somewhere we think we'll stay for a very long time, so in the end it was all worth it.

And now that the bulk of that ordeal is behind us I'm looking ahead at new projects I can start working on.  I have really been feeling the pull to get back into running lately.  Unfortunately summer is the worst time to run.  Our schedule is crazy, it's insanely hot out, and I'm extra tired from all the extra kid attention.  Someone pointed out today though that Agnes is now old enough to go to the gym's day care, soooooo....  maybe that will happen.  I don't know though.  I've never left any of the kids in the daycare.  Also, I don't belong to the gym.  Hurdles.

I also want to get back into photography.  I've been doing little mini-projects because that's how I am.  Some of them I posted on my blog (the newborn portraits, the faces of Agnes), but I have another couple I did:  family connections, rose photography with more obvious editing (I looooove), and moving.  But now I need a new one.  And I need to get back into using my big camera. I actually put my 28mm lens on the other day, which I haven't used in a really really long time.  I'm hoping to just get some nice everyday around the house shots with it.  Since we have a new house I am starting to figure out where/when the nice light is and we have some really great light here.  Also, LOTS of windows.  Which helps.  But still, I need something to help me focus.  Maybe a picture in every room?  That could work.  I'll keep thinking about it.

And finally, I need to start cooking again.  Between moving, and having a small baby, and two other SUPER SUPER SUPER picky eaters, I just haven't been cooking.  We've done a LOT of eating out, frozen pizzas, spaghetti and meatballs, and other blah food.  It's not great tasting and it's not very good for me, but the kids eat it and it takes minimal effort so I've been giving in to it.  But it really needs to change because I miss being healthy!

And completely unrelated... Agnes is 6 months old today!  Happy half birthday to my little girl! Time is flying by.


Comments